"It is not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbled, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena; whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly, who errs and comes short again and again; who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, and spends himself in a worthy cause; who, at the best, knows in the end the triumph of high achievement; and who at the worst, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat."

Never, Never, Never Quit.

FIGHT....................FINISH

Countdown to B2B

I CAN

Monday, July 9, 2007

4 weeks until Steelhead

So I've got about 2 more weeks of serious training and then begin my taper for Steelhead. Since we're heading up on the 26th, it will all work out. The drive will force some downtime. Right now, I'm looking forward to the taper but the next 2 weeks are going to be tough.

Last week I put in my longest ride and run of the year. Got out early on the 4th for 70 mile bike. All in all it went well but did get caught in a downpour for about 25 miles of it. Then finished up the week on Sunday with an 11 mile run. Really felt good the first 6 miles then the sun came up and I struggled the last 5. But came away from it feeling pretty good.

The numbers for the week: 2000 meters swimming(need to get this up in the coming weeks), 140 on the bike and 24 running.

Going over my training log, I found I've had 3 days completely off in the past 9 weeks. Granted, some days I've only lifted or swam, neither of which I consider too strenuous all things considered. But still, it will be nice to spend some days off in August after Steelhead. But soon after that the kids and Beth are back in school and baseball begins again, which means things get crazy. The last 4 months of the year will be mostly maintenance mode as far as training, with only an Olympic distance race planned in late October and a century ride in Novemeber.

No comments: