"It is not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbled, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena; whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly, who errs and comes short again and again; who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, and spends himself in a worthy cause; who, at the best, knows in the end the triumph of high achievement; and who at the worst, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat."

Never, Never, Never Quit.

FIGHT....................FINISH

Countdown to B2B

I CAN

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Random things

Well, I ran 4 easy miles yesterday, which was my first run in 11 days. My knee was hurting very bad, so much I could barely run. It would get worse as I ran, which is not a good thing. I've had tendinitis before but my knee would always warm up and feel better. It did feel better yesterday but not 100%. It didn't hurt this morning so I'm hopeful it's on it's way to being healed. I'll continue to take it easy on running the next couple weeks and hope it responds well.

I have been able to bike and swim so I've been doing quite a bit of both. Biked 150 miles last week and swam 4000 yards.

So summer is drawing to a close. Pretty soon we might even see the high 60s for a low!!! I'm always amazed in September that I ever run/bike without being able to wring sweat from my gloves/socks. It's been 4-5 months since I had a run or bike without drenching everything I was wearing, it's hard to remember getting home not dripping. Come April, I will have forgotten how hot it can actually get. I go through this cycle every year, you would think I would remember the seasons after living here for almost 10 years.

Today is September 11th. One of those life changing days for just about every American. I still remember that day in 2001 as if it were yesterday. I remember turning on the TV shortly after it the first plane struck and not moving until that evening. I didn't even go on my lunch time run because I was too stunned and scared to leave the house. I remember seeing on the TV there was a plane in Pennsylvania believed to be headed to the White House and I stood up, with no one else in the house, tears streaming down my face and screaming "Shoot the damn things down!!" I remember waking up to the local news station on the radio every day for months afterwards afraid to hear something else had happened. I remember September 11th, 2001, the day America lost her innocence.

1 comment:

Suzie said...

how are your running shoes... worn shoes give me knee pain.