"It is not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbled, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena; whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly, who errs and comes short again and again; who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, and spends himself in a worthy cause; who, at the best, knows in the end the triumph of high achievement; and who at the worst, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat."

Never, Never, Never Quit.

FIGHT....................FINISH

Countdown to B2B

I CAN

Monday, November 5, 2007

Century ride

Everything seemed to come together for the century ride yesterday, until I woke up feeling like dog ass. The weather had cooled off, the humidity dropped and wind dropped below the 20-30 mph winds we had most of the week.

It was a cool morning and seemed perfect, especially with the time change giving me an extra hour. But Beth has been sick since Wednesday and I think I picked it up. Woke up congested and feeling tired. After an easy week of just a couple rides and 1 run, I should have felt great, but I didn't. By the 35 mile mark(where the 100 mile and 100K rides split) I decided to cut it short as I wasn't feeling very good. Finished the 62 miles, grabbed some food and headed home. Overall it was a pretty good ride but not a lot of riders so I rode most of the last 30+ miles alone.

As far as the knee goes, it's been feeling much better until this week. Ran a hard 5 miles on Tuesday and it was really hurting for a couple days. But it felt fine on the ride yesterday. Going to call the Ortho today or tomorrow and hopefully get in before Thanksgiving.

Nothing planned for the rest of the year but with cooler weather finally hear, hoping I can get back to running soon.

No comments: