"It is not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbled, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena; whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly, who errs and comes short again and again; who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, and spends himself in a worthy cause; who, at the best, knows in the end the triumph of high achievement; and who at the worst, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat."

Never, Never, Never Quit.

FIGHT....................FINISH

Countdown to B2B

I CAN

Monday, November 26, 2007

Drugs are amazing!!

So I started taking my Feldene(anti-inflammatory) on Friday. So far no side affects, which is good, since apparently 30% of users have them. I ran 5 miles on Thursday with the same pain/discomfort I've been having in my knee, not terrible but not good either. Took Friday off and my first Feldene. Rode 50 miles on Saturday and never felt the knee, which is a little unusual but it never really hurts on the bike anyway. Ran 5 miles on Sunday and NEVER FELT ANY PAIN!! First time I've run pain free in 6 months. What is even better is I woke up this morning with no pain or stiffness, which I even have after riding or swimming or doing nothing. I rode 3 times and ran 3 times last week, so being pain free Monday morning is huge.

I'm hoping this is actually healing my knee and not just masking the pain. I'm hoping to try to get a 7 mile run in next week, so we'll see how it goes. I'll continue to to only run 2-3 times a week for another 2 weeks and go from there. At least I can actually start look at some goals for early in the new year, including a sprint tri in February, a duathlon and the 15K Gasparilla race.

No comments: