"It is not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbled, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena; whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly, who errs and comes short again and again; who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, and spends himself in a worthy cause; who, at the best, knows in the end the triumph of high achievement; and who at the worst, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat."

Never, Never, Never Quit.

FIGHT....................FINISH

Countdown to B2B

I CAN

Monday, July 21, 2008

Good week

Things are coming together nicely. I'm still not gaining much speed but my long workouts are really going well. Did a 3000 yard swim on Friday and then a 5K cross country run that evening. Followed that up with an 80 mile bike ride on Saturday and a 12 mile run this morning.

The 80 mile bike was a tri county affair, starting in Hillsborough, then Polk, Manatee and back into Hillsborough. Temps started out nicely but quickly hit 95+. Went through some roller coaster feelings on the bike as I felt horrible at points and then much better. In fact, the last 10 miles were some of the best miles I put in.

I took Sunday off after 8 tough days and spent the day at the pool with kids. It really seemed to help on this mornings run too. Again, not a fast run but I was able to run steady the whole way. I didn't finish feeling as strong as last week but it was 88 by the time I finished at 8:45 so that might have had something to do with it. I'm at 36 hours for the month so I need to get in 19 more in the last 10 days to get to the 55 mark. It will be close, but I think I'll get there.

No comments: