"It is not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbled, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena; whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly, who errs and comes short again and again; who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, and spends himself in a worthy cause; who, at the best, knows in the end the triumph of high achievement; and who at the worst, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat."

Never, Never, Never Quit.

FIGHT....................FINISH

Countdown to B2B

I CAN

Thursday, October 23, 2008

9 days and the first weather forecast

I can't believe it's only 9 days away. Did a 7 mile run yesterday morning and at one point it hit me, 'holy shit, I'm doing an ironman in 10 days'!!

Finished up the last 'real' weekend of training with a 3000 yard swim Friday, 7 mile run Saturday and a 50 mile ride, 2 mile run brick on Sunday. Sundays workout almost felt short.

Not done much this week. 2000 yards on Monday, off Tuesday, 7 mile run yesterday. My bike is getting tuned up and I won't get it back until this evening and it's supposed to rain the next 2 days so the next 4 days look like this: 2000 yards today, 5-7 mile run tomorrow, off Saturday(baseball, Beth has a test and then a party at night), 30 mile bike Sunday. Probably get in a short swim, bike and run Mon-Wednesday next week. We're planning on leaving Wednesday night and get 3-4 hours of driving in and then arriving mid-day Thursday at Wrightsville Beach.

It's 'crunch time' and I'm in full taper. Despite the lack of long workouts, I'm feeling a quite lethargic, which is to be expected in taper. Yesterdays run felt fresh and strong, so I'm hoping another 9 days of this and I'll be rested and ready.

So the first weather forecast has come out and it's calling for low of 52 and high of 73.....hope that holds out but I'm sure we'll see that change 10 times between now and race day.

No comments: