"It is not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbled, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena; whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly, who errs and comes short again and again; who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, and spends himself in a worthy cause; who, at the best, knows in the end the triumph of high achievement; and who at the worst, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat."

Never, Never, Never Quit.

FIGHT....................FINISH

Countdown to B2B

I CAN

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

51 days to go!!!

We're just about at the 50 day mark. This past week has been a mixture of things. After the long workouts last weekend, I needed a day off last Thursday. Actually, I didn't schedule a day off, it just happened. The refrigerator stopped working and I had to get it fixed so I missed the lunch workout. When I went to get a swim in Thursday night, there was a high school swim meet going on. But, after 21 straight days, I probably needed a day off. It didn't seem to help much as my 7 mile run Friday morning was tough, mostly because of the heat and humidity. Then my 70 mile ride Saturday started off great by the last 15 miles or so were a struggle. Got in another 7 mile run Sunday morning before baseball games and followed that up with a 4000 yard swim Monday. That is my longest swim ever!! It went pretty good. Hit a rough patch about 2500 yards but finished very strong.

Did a 30 mile ride in terrible 30 mph winds yesterday and this evening, I'm going to run 12. Besides the 4000 yard swim Monday, the key workout this week is the 112 mile bike on Sunday in Clermont covering the Great Floridian iron course. It will be fully supported and I'll actually ride wtih others for the first time in months. Hopefully the weather will cooperate. I'll try to update Sunday or Monday with how the ride went.

No comments: